Want to know where spaghetti comes from? SQUASH!
No really open one up and look for yourself….
- Pierce the skin with a knife all over the squash
- Place squash on a plate in the microwave from anywhere from 10-20 minutes depending on the size of the squash
- Half way through microwaving rotate the squash
- The squash is ready when it becomes soft to the touch (but not too soft – think Goldilocks – “just right”) and remove from the microwave
- Cut off both ends of the squash and slice it in half lengthwise
- Take a fork and scoop out the seeds
- You can leave the squash inside its skin and simply add tomato sauce on top and reheat or you can scoop out the flesh into a bowl and serve it that way (I prefer using the veggie as it’s own bowl – plus less clean up – winning!)