While the weather so far this week has not been ideal San Francisco weather (super windy and quite chilly), the warmer weather is supposed to blow in this weekend. In honor of the springlike weather (and really just to encourage it to come my way), I made a sunshine smoothie:
1/2 cup of almond milk, 2 scoops of PB2, 1 banana, splash of carrot juice, frozen mango
Instead of the usual snacks I decided to try this new non-dairy cheese:
It had a bit of a nutty aftertaste, and while it certainly wasn’t bad (and I will eat the rest of the servings in the package), it was very obviously NOT cheese.
I really wanted to run outside, but yesterday was just too windy. The kind of gales that leaving you running in place despite the intense amount of effort you are putting into it. So I decided I did not want to subject myself to this frustration and opted for the elliptical and some ab exercises instead.
Before I share my delicious dinner recipe I though I would start with an appetizer of get-to-know-more-about-me questions:
1. What was one of your favorite foods as a child?
– Strawberry shortcake ice cream treats (I’m assuming this sugary delight is considered a food)
2. What sound do you love?
– I love the sound of feet walking on gravel
3. What is the best gift you have ever given?
– For one anniversary I gave my boyfriend (who is a HUGE shark lover) an adopted great white shark* – I still can’t outdo this gift to this day.
4. Are you a morning person?
– Oh yes! Ask anyone who knows me I am up at the crack of dawn and ready to take on the day.
5. Where did you grow up?
– I was born and raised in New Jersey and for the past two years I have made a home on the West Coast in San Francisco.
* To clarify – the shark is swimming in the ocean, he does not live with us.
Alright, you have learned enough for now and you must be hungry for dinner, so here it is:
Salmon Kale Bowl
I sautéed kale, broccoli and cauliflower with a salmon patty from Trader Joe’s and threw in some brown rice, mixing in some pepper and powdered garlic. I tossed the bowl in a bit of asian dressing and enjoyed a warm balanced meal.
I want to know more about you so answer one (or all) of the get-to-know-more-about-you questions 🙂